Out of an abundance of caution with concerns regarding the Coronavirus, effective immediately MHSD will reschedule all new appointments and suspend the “Walk-In” policy until further notice. We know this may be a hard time for you, and we are making every effort to put your safety first. Please be advised of the following updates:
- Only urgent or emergent visits will be addressed within our clinics after clearance by nursing and prescriber staff.
- All other services will be handled via telephone or tele-health capability.
- Clinic staff will begin reaching out to current persons served to touch base with them about their respective appointment procedures.
If you have any questions about your appointment or making an appointment, please call (504) 568-3130.
Please continue to visit our website for ongoing updates at www.mhsdla.org.
If you would like more information on CoVID-19 please call the Orleans Parish Help line at 311 or text COVIDNOLA to 888777
To ensure that person-centered support and services are available and are provided to eligible individuals with mental illness, addictive disorders and intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in Orleans, Plaquemines and St. Bernard parishes.
If one of these applies to YOU, there is NO WAIT for addiction services at MHSD:
– Pregnant women who are substance users
– Women who are substance users with dependent children
– Intravenous drug users
Who We Serve
- All age groups;
- Residents of Orleans, Plaquemines and St. Bernard Parishes;
- Uninsured or Medicaid eligible individuals;
- Individuals suffering from mental illness;Example: depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc.
- Individuals suffering from addiction;Example: alcohol, opioid/cocaine, gambling, etc.
- Individuals who have an intellectual or physical impairment that occurred before the age of 22 years old.Example: down syndrome, autism, epilepsy, etc.